[Koha] Duplicate Biblio Records

Joy Nelson joy at bywatersolutions.com
Fri Jul 21 13:13:50 NZST 2017

I on occasion have needed to "dedupe" bib records. We have a script that looks for dupes using isbn as the key. We then make the determination on "best" record to keep by see NH which bib record is longer. (Longer implies more tags ergo better cataloging). We then move all items to the best record, along with any outstanding holds. Our script then deletes the "losing bib". It is always a balance between getting rid of dupes (makes Cataloger happy) and retaining good bins (blindly choosing by length alone makes Cataloger sad)

I am not familiar with script you reference (sync items). I'd have to read it to see if It would work well in deduplication efforts.

Joy

Sent from my iPhone