[Koha] Bulk Patron Image upload zip file giving Error 500

Sunil Sharma koha.sunil007 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 17:32:23 NZST 2017

Hello Friends,

I am using Koha 16.05.12 with Debian 8.3 OS on my cloud server.

Currently, I am facing a very strange problem while uploading a single
patron image via Koha Bulk Patron image upload tool, the image file is
uploading fine. But When I tried using *zip file* of all patron images with
a mapped text file named as IDLINK.TXT, As soon as I browse the zip file
and try to upload the file, the page will through error 500.

I had checked many Koha versions i.e. Koha 3.22.x, Koha 16.05.x, Koha
16.11.x but same *error 500* will be the result.

To troubleshoot the problem I had tested the same Koha versions with same
zip file at my local virtual machine but the strange problem which I found,
that* all Koha* versions with bulk patron upload feature *worked fine on
Debian 8.2 *but *through error 500 with Debian 8.3 *

I had tested with different Apache versions but on Debian 8.2 all things
worked fine, but on Debian 8.3 no success (may be any security fetch or
something wrong is there)

As there are a lot of other application are running on my cloud server so I
can't change the OS. Please guide me what will I do?

The Koha error logs are as given below:

*[Thu Jul 12 13:43:02.2017] [http:error] [pid 16357] [client x.x.x.x]
AH02429: Response header name ' extracting' contains invalid characters,
aborting request, referer:
http://example.com/cgi-bin/koha/tools/picture-upload.pl
<http://example.com/cgi-bin/koha/tools/picture-upload.pl>[Thu Jul 12
13:50:38.2017] [http:error] [pid 14327] [client x.x.x.x] AH02429: Response
header name '  inflating' contains invalid characters, aborting request,
13:59:27.2017] [http:error] [pid 25507] [client x.x.x.x] AH02429: Response
header name '  inflating' contains invalid characters, aborting request,
referer: http://example.com/cgi-bin/koha/tools/picture-upload.pl
<http://example.com/cgi-bin/koha/tools/picture-upload.pl>*

Any pointers would be of help.

--