[Koha] flat fee on notice generation

Radek Šiman radek.siman at centrum.cz
Thu Jan 19 12:24:03 NZDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask a question concerning overdue fees. One of our library
requests to add a flat fee to common overdue fines. Is it possible to
automatically generate a flat fee for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd overdue
notices? Let's say a patron owes $5 as a overdue fine of 5 books. The
library needs to automatically add to it, for instance, one-off $10 as a
flat fee, because the patron has been notified about the items over due.

Of course, it's always possible to add such a fee manually, but then the
staff has to know which kind of notice has already been generated and
the amout must be calculated by humans not mentioning that people can
make mistakes.

Could anybody recommend a good solution or is it a missing feature right
now?

Thanks a lot,
Radek