[Koha] No Zebra indexing - missing field "biblioitems.marc"

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Jan 17 22:39:11 NZDT 2017

Hi Michael

Very odd, I have the exact same set up, 16.11.01 from debian packages
on jessie. With 97244 records, and a reindex works just fine.

md5sum /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl
3eaa1b977286a507f9c5a75b5a7092e3
/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl

Same file

select marc from biblioitems;
ERROR 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'marc' in 'field list'

So no marc column either.

So I dont think it is that, in fact if we look at the file

} else {
            eval { $marc = GetMarcBiblio($record_number, 1); };
            if ($@ || !$marc) {
                # here we do warn since catching an exception
                # means that the bib was found but failed
                # to be parsed
                warn "error retrieving biblio $record_number";
                return;
            }
        }

We can see that it is not trying to select the marc column, see the
warn is error retrieving
So it is not using that sql query you pasted before, if it was, it
would be this error
  warn "error creating MARC::Record from $blob";

So for some reason GetMarcBiblio is not returning a record for you.

What I would do is edit
warn "error retrieving biblio $record_number";
and make it be
warn "error retrieving biblio $record_number the error is $@";

And see if you get some more information that way

Chris