[Koha] Circulation and no barcode in library

Pedro Amorim pjamorim91 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 02:31:16 NZDT 2017

Hello Hughes,

>From my experience with Koha, you can't do that. At least not without major
code refractoring and reimplementing the whole circulation search behaviour.

Also, if searching by title, what would happen when multiple items were
found for the same input? The librarian would still have to verify the
barcode in order to check out the correct item.

This could be an interesting feature to have for libraries without scanners
though.
Maybe someone else has already experienced this and can provide you with
additional information.

Best of luck,

Pedro Amorim