[Koha] Koha catalogue search

i.pratt at zigzagee.com i.pratt at zigzagee.com
Wed Feb 15 03:55:38 NZDT 2017

Hi,

I have installed Koha on Debian (yay!). Version 16.05.06.000. I want to
use UNIMARC format.

I want to use the setup as a  test server for SIP2. This seems to work
with ports 6001 & 8023 (raw & telnet) responding.

I can add books to the test server. I determined this by looking at
Tools->Inventory and
  I can see my 4 sample book entries.

However, I would expect to find these books if I typed the title into
the catalog search. I get
  the "No results" response which seems quite a common problem with Koha
setups.

 From the Wiki it seems like you can use yaz-client to see if Zebra is
not working properly
  (rebuilding Zebra seems to be the standard response to the "No
result"  problem.)

However, when I try the yaz-client approach it sort of works, I get the
"Connection established by v3 target" response to the command:

$ *yaz-client -c /etc/koha/zebradb/ccl.properties
unix:/var/run/koha/$instance/bibliosocket*

However, when I try to search for the books using:

*Z> **base biblios*

*Z> *f Finance**
**
** I get "Search was a success" but the number of hits  is 0 when I
would have expected it to find the book in the Catalog.

The Wiki on this seems to suggest yaz-client is the fall back when the
Koha search front
  end returns "No results". But what do you do when yaz-client returns
no results also ?

If I sound like a Koha novice that is because I am a Koha novice, I just
want to use it as
  a test tool for developing self-service kiosk software.

Regards,
Ian

Dr. Ian Pratt B.Eng Ph.D C.Eng MIET MIEEE
Director - ZigZagee Ltd.
Email: i.pratt at zigzagee.com
Landline: + 44 (0) 1509 276251
Mobile: + 44 (0) 7796331815