[Koha] How to check a file's MIME type in KOHA

Rejeesh K.Nair rejeeshknair at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 19:11:51 NZDT 2017

Hi All,

Many thanks for all your timely support , We got a solution for checking
MIME type. Here I am sharing the code snippet I have used to solve it .
Please see the code and share your comments.

my $file = $query->param("id_list_file");
my $tmpfilename = $query->tmpFileName($file);
my $mimeinfo = `file -i -b $tmpfilename`;
my @fields = split /;/, $mimeinfo;
my $mimetype = $fields[0];
#print $mimetype;
if($mimetype eq 'application/marc' ){