[Koha] Multiple OPAC interfaces

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Feb 8 02:24:47 NZDT 2017

Hi

Is it possible to have just one Koha database but more than one OPAC
interface that is accessing the data?

The Koha database contains very specific reference data (without items)
that is interesting for more than one institution. The owner of the
database would like to allow different institutions to have their own
OPAC interface (with own logo, own colors etc, but no user logins) to
access the data. Having just one interface with several logos etc is no
option.

So my idea is to have more than one Koha instance. The first instance
would contain the "master" database - from this the tables "biblio",
"items" and "biblioitems" would be unloaded every night and loaded into
the databases of the other instances, followed by a reindexing. This
would cause some cost for scripting and testing, but it would be
relatively easy to update the instances.

Still I'm wondering if there is maybe a better solution to this problem?

Best wishes: Michael