[Koha] Common error handling in KOHA

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 18:39:57 NZDT 2017

Greetings,

[SNIP]
> when the application shows some error like
> "BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/events/add_event.pl line 172"

-- If you are giving an actual example of an error message you see, then
you should be aware that no such code exists in the Koha code-base.
I just checked master: $ git grep add_event

> could you please help me out to redirect
> to a common  page whenever the above mentioned error occurs.

In a standard installation the apache site is enabled and the configuration
file has:

ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/koha/errors/400.pl
ErrorDocument 401 /cgi-bin/koha/errors/401.pl
ErrorDocument 403 /cgi-bin/koha/errors/403.pl
ErrorDocument 404 /cgi-bin/koha/errors/404.pl
ErrorDocument 500 /cgi-bin/koha/errors/500.pl

You could modify the apache configuration file to point elsewhere,
but that isn't going to catch the specific "failed--compilation" case only.
Contact the person who customized this file.

If you encounter this type of error in your logs, you should be reporting
them
on bugzilla. Though, again, if these are not part of the Koha code-base, you
will need to contact the person who wrote them in the first place.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett