[Koha] Updating information automatic

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Thu Feb 2 10:20:52 NZDT 2017

Hi Luis,

Whatever the procedure you run is, the answer is likely to set it up to run
periodically using cron on your server. There's a section of the manual
devoted to the many cron jobs that you might want to run in Koha:
http://manual.koha-community.org/16.05/en/cronjobsch.html

If this procedure isn't covered by those somehow, then I would simply
research online how to write a cron job. They're not too complicated,
basically a bunch of temporal parameters followed by the command you want
the server to run. For instance, this runs a `curl` command twice per hour
at the five and thirty-five minute marks:

# m h  dom mon dow   command
5,35 * * * * /usr/bin/curl http://example.com

The first five parameters are all temporal, indicating the minutes, hours,
etc. when the command should run. Hope that helps!

Best,
Eric Phetteplace
Systems Librarian
California College of the Arts