[Koha] Shibboleth authenticationa and autocreation

Björn Nylén bjorn.nylen at ub.lu.se
Wed Dec 20 21:51:08 NZDT 2017

Hello!

I'm trying to set up shibboleth authentication (and provisioning) in Koha 17.11.00 and experience some issues.

Firstly the matchpoint: Matching on userid works but is it possible to match on other fields? We may want to use eg the "sort1" field if it's possible.
The lookup code reads:
Koha::Database->new()->schema()->resultset('Borrower')
      ->find( { $config->{matchpoint} => $match } );
Not sure if it's only possible to match against userid and other formally unique fields?

Secondly I tried to auto-create a patron if there's no match but I can't get it to work. Any tips? Looking at the code it looks there should be an <autocreate> tag to enable it, also it seems fixed values should go under a "content"-attribute.

My Shibboleth-config below:

<useshibboleth>1</useshibboleth><!-- see C4::Auth_with_shibboleth for extra configs you must do to turn this on -->
<shibboleth>
    <autocreate>1</autocreate>
    <matchpoint>userid</matchpoint> <!-- koha borrowers field to match against for authentication -->
    <mapping>
      <userid is="uid"></userid> > <!-- mapping between koha borrowers field and shibboleth attribute name -->
        <surname is="sn"></surname>
        <firstname is="givenName"></firstname>
        <branchcode content="10"></branchcode>
        <address is="street"></address>
        <city is="l"></city>
        <email is="mail"></email>
        <categorycode content="NL"></categorycode>
</mapping>
  </shibboleth>

I'll appreciate any input!

Björn Nylén
Systems Librarian
Lund University Library
Bjorn.nylen at ub.lu.se<mailto:Bjorn.nylen at ub.lu.se>

Björn Nylén
Systembibliotekarie
Avdelningen för IT och Support
Universitetsbiblioteket, Lunds Universitet
Bjorn.nylen at ub.lu.se<mailto:Bjorn.nylen at ub.lu.se>
046-2223198