[Koha] Record not found in "Cataloging search" until after CKI

Christopher Davis cgdavis at uintah.utah.gov
Fri Dec 15 05:45:20 NZDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

There is some strange behavior in our system which I would not believe
happens had I not witnessed it myself. There are a number of items which,
when the barcode or the ISBN are scanned, fail to show up in a "Cataloging
search" (Koha>Cataloging>"Cataloging search") or a "Search the catalog"
search (Koha>Cataloging>"Search the catalog") until after they are checked
in. After they are checked in, then they show up in search results all the
time.

Why? Is this a indexing problem with Zebra?

Thank you,

Christopher Davis
Systems & E-Services Librarian
Uintah County Library