[Koha] Configuring smtp mail server to work with Koha

Paul Hoffman paul at flo.org
Thu Dec 7 03:39:10 NZDT 2017

Javed,

Here's what I would do.  Note that the two export commands (setting the
environment variables PERL5LIB and KOHA_CONF) are unnecessary --
koha-shell sets them for you.

$ koha-shell library
$ cd /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs
$ perl -d process_message_queue.pl

This puts you in the Perl debugger -- you should see a bunch of text
ending with a prompt something like this:

  DB<1>

At the prompt, enter the command "c C4::Letters::SendQueuedMessages" --
that tells the debugger to run the script, stopping when it gets to the
C4::Letters::SendQueuedMessages() function.  Then enter the command "c
sendmail" to continue up until the sendmail() function.  Then enter the
command "t" to turn tracing on.  Then enter the command "r" to continue
until the sendmail() function returns.

With any luck, somewhere in the voluminous text that flashes by will be
a clue that helps us solve your problem.  Copy all of the text into a
message to this list.

Paul.