[Koha] Look for records with specific info in a mark field

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Tue Dec 5 09:16:51 NZDT 2017

Hi Alvaro,

yes, Koha stores the complete record as MARCXML and only some fields are
mapped to database columns. You can see the mappings in Administration >
Koha to MARC mappings. Be careful, after changing it you need to run a
script to populate database fields correctly. The MARC record is stored
in either biblioitems.marcxml (older versions) or
biblio_metadata.metadata (current versions) and can be queried using the
ExtractValue function. You can find examples in the reports library on
the wiki:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library#Query_MARC

Hope this helps,

Katrin