[Koha] Export Patrons report has passwords encrypted

Christopher Davis cgdavis at uintah.utah.gov
Fri Dec 1 11:52:56 NZDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

My library needs to regularly send to a vendor a list of our patrons'
library card numbers and passwords/PINs so that they can authenticate
patrons. The only way which I have found to do this is to use the "Export
Patrons" report found at <
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library#Export_patrons>.
Unfortunately, the passwords in the report are encrypted and are not given
in cleartext. I am glad to see that Koha does not just give out passwords
in cleartext, but is there a way to make this work?

Thank you,

Christopher Davis
Systems & E-Services Librarian
Uintah County Library