[Koha] Koha 17.05

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Aug 30 23:34:31 NZST 2017

Hi Ambika C. A.

 > We have installed Koha 17.05.  Once installation is done, we could see
 > lists like
 > Centreville
 > Fairfield
 > Fairview
 > Franklin
 > Midway etc.
 >
 > Is that okay.

These are (optional) sample data that you will not really need in a
proiductive system. They were loaded because you marked
"sample_libraries.sql" when installing/configuring Koha using the web
installer.

 > Later on I am setting parameters in Global System
 > Preferences, but it not accepting any changes. It says
 >
 > Error; your data might not have been saved
 > It logs out.
 >
 > What might be the problem?

Are you sure you are REALLY logged in with a valid Koha user having the
needed permissions?

Since the Koha OPAC and the Koha staff client are served by the same
Apache HTTP Server there is a problem when logging out from one of these
modules or logging in with another user; e. g. logging out in the OPAC
means you are ALSO logging out in the staff client. Actually you will
still see the staff client screen but it is no more possible to save
anything!

So try to make sure you are really logged in with your Koha user and try
to save your preferences again.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael