[Koha] How to import loans data into Koha?

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Wed Aug 16 11:08:19 NZST 2017

Excerpts from Mark Alexander's message of 2017-08-15 19:03:46 -0400:
> Excerpts from Chris Brown's message of 2017-08-15 21:06:52 +0100:
> > [...] but I was wondering if
> > there is a way to import data on current issues (loans)?  All we really
> > need to import is the item ID, the patron ID and the due-back date.
>
> I did this by writing a script to convert the loan list generated by
> our our old library system (Mandarin) into a KOC file (Koha Offline
> Circulation File), and then importing that. [...]

I forgot to mention that each row in the the KOC file has a date, but
it is the issue date, not the due-back date.  When Koha imports the
file, it will calculate the due-back dates using the circulation rules
that you should have already defined.