[Koha] How to change de OPAC LOGO

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Apr 26 08:12:09 NZST 2017

Hi Luis

> I have renamed the koha file: koha-logo-navbar, then i copied my logo
> with the same name in the following folder:
>
> http://catalogo.bijrd.gob.do/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/images/koha-logo-navbar.png

There is no server available named "catalogo.bijrd.gob.do" that I can
reach. And the given URL is wrong.

$ ping catalogo.bijrd.gob.do
ping: unknown host catalogo.bijrd.gob.do

However, if you really go into that directory, first save the original
file, then put yours instead:

# cd /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/images
# mv koha-logo-navbar.png koha-logo-navbar.png-ORIG
# mv /tmp/yourlogo.png koha-logo-navbar.png

Now you should see just the new logo when calling this URL:

http://catalogo.bijrd.gob.do/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/images/koha-logo-navbar.png

But as said, your server "catalogo.bijrd.gob.do" has to be available first!

If you then access the OPAC via http://catalogo.bijrd.gob.do/ and can't
see the logo it may be because of the webbrowers cache: Empty it using
CTRL+F5

 > Nothing happens,
 > The new file is 505K, but the really file es 1401k.
 >
 > I have the same in a CSS.
 > Could be the file length?

The original file is 1401 bytes, not 1401k.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes: Michael