[Koha] How to change de OPAC LOGO

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Apr 26 03:57:34 NZST 2017

Hi

> The only scenario I imagine OpacUserCSS is not a good option, is if you are
> recompiling your bootstrap.min.css, and caching won't be effective.

 From my experience this depends on the size of the used picture.

For example, inserting the following code

#logo {
   background-image:
url("http://bibliothek.phsh.ch/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/images/phsh_koha_236x36.png");
   margin: 2px 32px 2px 2px;
   width: 236px;
}

will lead to very unsatisfying results in the normal view of the OPAC.
* see http://koha.adminkuhn.ch/ in normal view

and it will lead to an ugly result in the mobile view
* see http://koha.adminkuhn.ch/ by decreasing the window size until the
webbrowser thinks the device is mobile

Of course these problems can be solved, but not without getting deeper
into CSS. Also if you use a logo as the shown one you will most probably
also want to change the masthead color which isn't the easiest thing
since in fact the masthead consists of many different elements. Of
course, also this can be done.

If this isn't as I describe it I'm eager to learn (unfortunately
documentation about the change of the logo is sparse and the often
mentioned system preference "opacsmallimage" doesn't exist anymore).

Best wishes: Michael