[Koha] Due Date - Settings - Help

SATISH lis4satish at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 19:37:36 NZST 2017

Hi,

I am noticing an issue  with "due date", it looks correct from the
perspective of Koha.
But, with my personal practical perspective, I am facing a problem.

With Koha 16.5/Package Installation/ Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop /
My Koha Library is set for 13 days of Loan Period (excluding Sunday -
defined in the calendar) in Circulation Policy.

Let us assume, one book's "Due Date"  is: **11-4-2017** as shown in the
Koha.

(1) In case of *Late/Delayed Renewal,* let us assume after two days from
due date(**) -
Renewal performed on 13-4-2017 - the next due date Koha shows is - 25-4-2017
(which means, Koha counts 13 days from 11-4-2017 instead of from 13-4-2017,
ie, the day on which renewal is made, ie, calculated from 2 days prior date)
(2) In case of actual/fresh  checkout on 13-4-2017
(which means, Koha counts 13 days from 13-4-2017 and the due date is
27-4-2017)
(3) In case of *Early/Pre Date Renewal*, let us assume, before one day from
due date (**)
Renewal performed on 10-4-2017 - the next due date is - 25-4-2017
(which means, Koha counts 13 days from 11-4-2017 instead of from 10-4-2017)

I am aware,  conceptually, it might be wrong, but, my intention of asking
this question is, whatever it may be the DUE DATE and whatever it may be
the RENEWAL DATE, it has to count "Loan Period" (in my case 13 days) as per
the RENEWING DATE. i,e the day on which renewal is performed, because, some
of the users may not follow the due dates, they may come prior to due-date
or after due-date and pay* late fee (fine)*.
and also libraries using, rotating  date stamping seals (at least in my
place), need to be changed manually and put "date" stamp on due date slips
accordingly and frequently since, we follow Library time table for
checkout-renewals for each course/subject/class of students on particular
day.

My expectation is:  the "due date" should appear same in all the three
cases mentioned above. It has to calculate from the date on which "action"
is performed.

Therefore, Kindly advice, how to achieve this ? Are there any settings in
Koha.

---
With Thanks
Satish MV