[Koha] How to show description of authorized value in facet?

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Fri Apr 7 03:41:49 NZST 2017

Hi

Environment: Debian GNU/Linux 8 with Koha 16.11.04 (package installation)

Our Koha catalogue contains MARC field 385 $a with content e. g. "KG",
linked to category "Lesekategorie" containing authorized values for the
target audience, e. g. value "KG" (description for staff client and OPAC
is: "Kindergarten"). Instead of "KG" the OPAC shows "Kindergarten" as
expected.

Now I have recently added a new facet for MARC field 385 $a and the
facet does show - only instead of the description ("Kindergarten"), the
facet shows the authorized value "KG". How can it be achieved to show
the description in the facet?

As I see it is actually possible to show the description because the
authorized values for standard category "LOC" are properly showing the
descriptions. I tried to find out how this works in file
"opac-facets.inc" but without success. Can anyone please give me a hint?

Best wishes: Michael