[Koha] local language searching problem

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 03:29:38 NZDT 2016

Hi Fatone,

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Fatone <zfr83329 at xzsok.com> wrote:

<snipped>

> I'm sorry that I don't understand what you say, because I don't have enough
> knowleage about Koha yet.
> Would you mind giving me more advice about what I should do in detail.

For now do this:

1. using sudo permissions edit this file /etc/koha/zebradb/etc/default.idx

2. Find the line "charmap word-phrase-utf.chr" in it (there should be
two instances)

3. Replace that line with "icuchain words-icu.xml" in both the cases

4. rebuild zebra with the command:

sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v -f  your_koha_instance_name

where your_koha_instance_name is the name you gave while running the
koha-create command

5. Set the following system preferences in your Koha administration.

(a) enable UseICU

(b) QueryFuzzy and QueryStemming set to do not try.

Long explanation: The reason why Barton and Karam are pointing to the
Arabic reference is because that example highlights how to generate
language specific transliteration and collation rules to be used (in
that case Arabic).

In case of Dzongkha you *may* (or may not) need to define your own for
fine tuning the searches. I do not understand Dzongkha grammar well
enough to say if you do require to do it or not.

cheers

Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971
WWW  : http://www.l2c2.co.in
Blog    : http://blog.l2c2.co.in
IRC     : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg