[Koha] Zebra/Plack/Timeout Issue

rfblanchard rfblanchard at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 5 06:31:31 NZDT 2016

I just started using plack yesterday and I ran the commands below to get
started. Everything was fine. The next morning I found that plack daemon was
not running. I needed to rerun both:
> sudo koha-plack --enable <instancename>
> sudo koha-plack --start <instancename>
Also, for a while now each morning I need to re-start zebra as it seems to
stop on a daily basis
> sudo koha-start-zebra peischool

Potentially related is that timeout preference is not respecting the value
from administration. I set it to both 7d and 604800. No matter what I choose
I need to login again daily to koha administration site.

Rebooting does not seem to be the cause of these problems. I just ran 'sudo
reboot' and the server came back with all apache/mysql and daemons were
running before and after the reboot. Also it didn't cause my session to
timeout, which is good.

I'm Running Koha 16.05.02 and Debian 8.5
Any Ideas to why the zebra and plack continue to need manual intervention
daily and why timeout is not respecting the value from administration?