[Koha] Field 773 $t not editable in any framework

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat Nov 19 03:59:05 NZDT 2016

Hi

> I'm working with Koha 16.05.05.
>
> I'm trying to change a copy of the standard framework. To catalogue sets
> with volumes we will need to unhide MARC field 773 in the framework.
>
> It is no problem to unhide 773 $w by clicking on "Advanced constraints"
> and marking the field "Editor", the click "Save changes".
>
> But also $t (for the title) is needed. There, when clicking on "Advanced
> constraints", nothing happens, so the tab will not open to mark the
> field "Editor". Instead, if "Basic constraints" is open, it will close
> "Basic constraints", but still "Advanced constraints" will not open.
>
> I also tried to unload the framework as an XML file and to edit it with
> vi - unfortunately the file has about 4.4 million characters in only 28
> lines! vi seems not to be able to edit a file with such extremely long
> lines and just gets stuck, eating up 100% of cpu.
>
> Except on my own Koha installation I also tested this on the Catalyst
> demo installtion, it is same thing there.
> * http://demo-intra.mykoha.co.nz/
>
> How to solve this? Is this a bug?

I was now able to edit the XML file in a very painful way... however in
the part of the XML file decribing field 773 $t I found some characters
like this:

<ss:Data ss:Type="Number">-6</ss:Data>

and I replaced them by

<ss:Data ss:Type="Number">0</ss:Data>

Now the behaviour while editing of the framework is still as described
above (tab "Advanced constraints" won't open). But when actually using
the framework during catalogueing, the MARC field 773 is there with both
configured subfields $t and $w.

I guess this shouldn't be like this. Is this a bug?

Best wishes: Michael