[Koha] Field 773 $t not editable in any framework

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat Nov 19 03:32:49 NZDT 2016

Hi

I'm working with Koha 16.05.05.

I'm trying to change a copy of the standard framework. To catalogue sets
with volumes we will need to unhide MARC field 773 in the framework.

It is no problem to unhide 773 $w by clicking on "Advanced constraints"
and marking the field "Editor", the click "Save changes".

But also $t (for the title) is needed. There, when clicking on "Advanced
constraints", nothing happens, so the tab will not open to mark the
field "Editor". Instead, if "Basic constraints" is open, it will close
"Basic constraints", but still "Advanced constraints" will not open.

I also tried to unload the framework as an XML file and to edit it with
vi - unfortunately the file has about 4.4 million characters in only 28
lines! vi seems not to be able to edit a file with such extremely long
lines and just gets stuck, eating up 100% of cpu.

Except on my own Koha installation I also tested this on the Catalyst
demo installtion, it is same thing there.
* http://demo-intra.mykoha.co.nz/

How to solve this? Is this a bug?

Best wishes: Michael