[Koha] Import records and update items

Felix Hemme felix.hemme at thulb.uni-jena.de
Sat Nov 19 01:36:46 NZDT 2016

Hi,

I'm running Koha 16.05.05 and would like to add barcodes to all existing items afterwards.

I export bibliographic data for one library, including items in marc format.
Then I edit the records using MarcEdit and add some barcodes.
I reimport the records using the stage marc records for import tool with matching rule on controlnumber 001.
I select "Ignore incoming records" and "Replace items if matching bib was found (only for existing items)".
After the import is complete, Koha displays "number of records ignored" = 1 and "number of items replaced" = 1.
But when I view the record in staff and OPAC view, nothing changed.

According to this mail matching on items is done checking 952 $p https://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2015-April/042590.html. But my existing items don't have any barcodes yet.

Do you know a workaround for this?

Regards,
Felix
--
Felix Hemme
Thüringer Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek (ThULB)