[Koha] What's on in Koha devel #7

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Tue Nov 15 22:08:09 NZDT 2016

Hello librarians and developers,

Koha 16.11 will be released soon, in 1 week only (November 22nd). We are
entering the string freeze which means that only bug fixes without string
changes will get pushed.

But developers are already focused on 16.12, the next development version :)
Note that we have a blocker (for the release) and we should get a signoff
on it ASAP, see bug 17522.

= Refactoring =
I have continued to move the C4::Members code to the Koha namespace. It's
quite easy code and so easy to rewrite, but I tried to cut it into small
chunks of code and it's very hard to create a tree of bug dependencies.
You can help me testing the orange boxes of this dependency graph:
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/showdependencygraph.cgi?id=16846
(scroll to the right!)

The shifting of the biblioitems.marcxml field to another table (bug 17196)
is still in the needs sign off queue.

= Elastic search =
We are adapting our code to the new 2.4 version of Elastic search, see bug
17255.
This can be tested on kohadevbox (Search for "elasticsearch_version" in the
README file)

= Developer tools =
== KohaDevBox ==
KohaDevBox 2.0 has been released. It now works under Windows and Mac OS.
See the announcement on koha-devel:
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2016-November/043272.html
Thanks Tomas for the great work!

== Koha misc4dev ==
I will maintain an external repository where I will write some misc for
dev. The goal is to provide useful scripts to fill the database with extra
data, auto configure features,etc. See the announcement on koha-devel:
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2016-November/043277.html

The next dev meeting is on December 14th
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_14_December_2016
13UTC.
You can still fill the poll to find the best 2 slots for dev meetings:
https://framadate.org/3dAEB8zqQLzzTptD

Cheers,
Jonathan