[Koha] .mrc file import issue

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 19:57:56 NZDT 2016

Hi Via Vitae Solutions,

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Via Vitae Solutions
<koha at viavitae.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am new to Koha. I am facing some problem regarding database. If I want
> to import a .mrc file after truncating biblio, biblioitems and items
> tables, then the biblionumber is increasing. For example, if I truncate
> 3000 rows from the above tables, then after impoting the .mrc file, it
> is starting from 3001.
>   If you kindly help why I am not getting biblionumber 1 second time, then
> I will be grateful.

Two ways:

(a) ALTER TABLE table_name AUTO_INCREMENT = value;

where table_name is the name of the table you wish to reset and set
the value (in your case you would want to set it to 1).

(b) TRUNCATE TABLE table_name;

hope this helps.

Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971
WWW  : http://www.l2c2.co.in
Blog    : http://blog.l2c2.co.in
IRC     : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg