[Koha] OPAC searches fail with ICU indexing enabled

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon May 23 13:03:50 NZST 2016

Hi Andreas,

I just recalled that the query that you send through yaz-client is probably very different from the one that Koha sends to Zebra, as Koha does lots of extra special stuff to the query in the background. So you might not be retrieving the problematic records…

Can you run “bin/maintenance/touch_all_biblios.pl”? That might reveal problematic records.

That’s interesting that the UTF-8 check passed for all the records in your database. That does seem to suggest some mangling within Zebra. If “bin/maintenance/touch_all_biblios.pl” doesn’t produce any errors or bad records, then that would be the next thing to examine in more detail I suppose.

I had hoped to go to Kohacon16, but unfortunately I won’t be able to make it.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St