[Koha] Google Authentication to all gmail account.

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Mon May 2 18:07:15 NZST 2016

On 02/05/16 15:41, Jerwyn Fernandez wrote:
> Actually, our main concern is our library clients come and go always. And
> we do not want to add library users everytime we have new employees.
>
> My question main question is, is it possible for us to log-in using gmail
> account without adding our patrons from patrons list or adding them in Koha
> patrons?

Hi Jerwyn,
Do your patrons borrow from the library?  Presumably you want them to be
able to log in so that they can view and renew their current and past
loans and (if applicable) view any fines?

Koha's circulation rules are based on branch code and patron category.
So unless you create a user record in Koha (by whatever method) that
contains at least a branch code and a patron category, your patrons will
not be able to borrow.

It seems to me that you will have to create a minimal patron record
containing at least a branch code, patron category and gmail address,
plus any other fields nominated in your BorrowerMandatoryField system
preference - typically Surname and Cardnumber.

HTH,
Bob Birchall
Calyx