[Koha] Replace all existing call numbers with LoC

Daniel danieljglendening at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:44:44 NZDT 2016

Sebastian Hierl <s.hierl at ...> writes:

> Also consider MarcEdit and its capability to generate call numbers:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_9bl0b2COo -- once you have call numbers,
> use MarcEdit's conditional find and replace to move these from the 050 to
> the 952$o.  Koha is the only ILS that is integrated with MarcEdit and you
> can seamlessly import records into the MarcEdit editor, change them
> (generate a call numbers and copy these to the 952$o) and save the records
> back into Koha.

I've started to look to MarcEdit but haven't gotten very far. I'm running into
a problem in setting up ILS Integration in MarcEdit. The program keep
crashing when I apply ILS data, with the message:

"System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs"

My only thought is maybe I'm not using the appropriate url in the
"Host Name" field -- using the url that I use to access and login to Koha.