[Koha] Replace all existing call numbers with LoC

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Thu Mar 24 11:05:22 NZDT 2016

Hi, Daniel--

I would definitely play with the itemcallnumber system preference that
Katrin suggested--it may really save you some keystrokes!

When working in OCLC, I do copy the 050 or 090 subfields a & b into a 952
subfield o, e.g. this:
050 _4 VM381 ǂb .R682 1997

Is copied and pasted into this:
VM381 R682 1997

So that our 952 field in OCLC for this item is this:
ǂ2 lcc ǂa SFMARITIME ǂb SFMARITIME ǂc STACKS ǂy BOOK ǂo VM381 R682 1997 ǂp
189951 ǂe NPSGIFT ǂx Donor, Kilk Estate via Assn 20140605

Cheerio!
h2
Heather Hernandez
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov
http://www.nps.gov/safr/learn/historyculture/museum-collections.htm

"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg