[Koha] UNIMARC installation - copydate/pubdate not working for date range and sort by

Pedro Amorim pjamorim91 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 08:42:38 NZDT 2016

Hello,

As the title says, I have Koha installed in UNIMARC and the date range and
sort by 'publication date' are not working, at all, as if Koha was using
some other field entirely.
This is what I'm suspecting, Koha is not using 210$d (Publication date) to
sort or limit results.

The file record.abs for *marc21* has the following line in it:
melm 260$c      copydate,copydate:s

However, the file record.abs for *unimarc* has:
melm 210$d    pubdate:n,pubdate:y
*and*
it does not have the word 'copydate' in it.

This is important because I have tested it in the online demo for UNIMARC
and this behaviour is present in every UNIMARC installation I know. And
every marc21 installation I've seen (including the demo) is working as
expected.

The 'sort by' works If an author (au) filter is also present for example,
but it doesn't work if I simply search for 'Books' sorted asc for example.

Has anyone noticed this? Or am I seeing things and it's some problem with
my installation?