[Koha] Turning a MARC field into a URL

King, Fred Fred.King at Medstar.net
Thu Mar 17 07:34:07 NZDT 2016

Hello, all,

I'm using Koha 3.20.05 on Ubuntu 14.04.

I'm trying to add a new MARC field that's a URL. I've created field 858 in the MARC framework, then added subfields a and b. Under Advanced Constraints in subfield b I checked the box "Is a URL." The description says:
   Subfield, Text, Constraints
   a, ORCID, Tab:8, Repeatable, Not mandatory
   b, ORCID link, Tab:8, Repeatable, Not mandatory, is a URL

Under Cataloging preferences, the URLLinkText is blank.

The coding for the field in the detail xsl file is this:

            <xsl:if test="marc:datafield[@tag=858]">
                        <xsl:for-each select="marc:datafield[@tag=858]">
                              <xsl:call-template name="subfieldSelect">
                                    <xsl:with-param name="codes">ab</xsl:with-param>
                              </xsl:call-template>
                              <!-- added to put semi-colon and space between entries -->
                              <xsl:choose>
                                    <xsl:when test="position()=last()">
                                          <xsl:text>.</xsl:text>
                                    </xsl:when>
                                    <xsl:otherwise>
                                          <xsl:text>; </xsl:text>
                                    </xsl:otherwise>
                              </xsl:choose>
                        </xsl:for-each>
            </xsl:if>

The problem is that when I search for a record containing this field, the text for the b subfield appears, but it isn't a URL-I can see it, but I can't click on it. I tried putting the b subfield in "http://a.web.link.us" format; I didn't think it would work, and it doesn't.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I couldn't find an answer in the manual or online.

Fred King
fred.king at medstar.net<mailto:fred.king at medstar.net>
202-877-6670
ORCID 0000-0001-5266-0279

Gosh, Mr Science, I don't understand that even worse than before you explained it!
--Bob and Ray, in memory of Bob Eliot, 26 March 1923 -- 2 February 2016

MedStar Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare delivery system, the largest in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region. Nationally recognized for clinical quality in heart, orthopaedics, cancer and GI. IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system without copying it and notify sender by reply e-mail, so that our records can be corrected. Thank you. Help conserve valuable resources - only print this email if necessary.