[Koha] Multiple Choice in Language Selection

angelo.pugliese at yahoo.com angelo.pugliese at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 22:56:06 NZDT 2016

 Multiple Choice in Language Selection

I suggest that it could serve much better the Koha users
if the Language selection, in the Adv. Search in Koha Opac,
could be a Multiple Choice, instead as the Single Choice one,
which now we have there, see:
http://library.brcindia.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl ,

It would be much better if the Opac users
could be able to multi-select more than one language,
by cntrl-clicking on them, etc.

The point is that an 'advanced' search
may naturally include
two or few specific languages,
like, for ex., if I want to find
some texts in original Indic languages
by classical Indian authors,
I will NOT search for 'No limit' (= too many results)
nor for Bengali, only (= too less results),
but I would prefere to include in my search
 both Samskrit and Bengali,
since French and Italian, obviously,
will not give me many relevant results.

It should not be, afaik, really a big coding thing,
 (unless this breaks the CSS of the Koha theme)...
something that a good Koha programmer
can do quite easily...:)

I suggest the above small change to the code
because it seems to be of a very good use
for all Koha users and will make the search tool
much more user-friendly for all... :)

Thank you for considering it... :)