[Koha] OCLC Connexion users on Mac OS

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Tue Jun 28 10:46:28 NZST 2016

Thanks, MJ. I tried converting an OCLC export to MARCXML using both
marc2xml and a custom pymarc script, both imports choked and failed in
Koha. I'm not sure where the issue lies, if it was just an artifact of one
of the records I chose in testing.

For the list's benefit, we're trying out a workflow that looks like this:

- use the "export to a file" option to download a MARC-8 file locally
- use the Stage MARC Records for Import tool to import from the file
- choose MARC-8 encoding in that tool's options

It worked in my initial tests but we'll see how well staff take to it, and
if the records have encoding problems. It's definitely a lot more work than
simply exporting directly into the ILS.

Best,
Eric Phetteplace
Systems Librarian