[Koha] OCLC Connexion users on Mac OS

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Mon Jun 27 08:32:38 NZST 2016

Hello Collective Wisdom,

Is anyone an OCLC Connexion user that also happens to use Mac OS X? We're a
Mac school and the desktop client only runs on Windows. But we learned
today that the website's export function, which worked fine with our prior
ILS Millennium, only exports records in MARC8 encoding and not UTF-8, so
Koha doesn't work with it.

All our work around options look bleak: using something like WINE to run
the client on a Mac, asking our staff to dual boot or run a VM, exporting
to a file instead & importing that into Koha. They'll work but they're much
more inconvenient than the web client. If anyone has a better idea I'd be
grateful.

Best,
Eric Phetteplace
Systems Librarian