[Koha] Regarding uploading files in koha (not related to bibliographic records)

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 18:54:50 NZST 2016

Hello Suresh,

On Jun 13, 2016 6:43 PM, "Suresh Kumar Tejomurtula" <tejoskumar at gmail.com>
wrote:

<snipped>
> What Iam looking is uploading an excel file or a pdf where I can ask our
> library members to recommend books using the excel list / displaying a
> common list holds available in library etc... to all our library members
> using news feature under tools.

Ummm... no such feature directly exists in Koha. If you want something to
work like that you need to either a) write it yourself b) fund a software
developer to write it for you or c) find someone willing to write it for
you at no cost

However, Koha does provide a Rating feature for each bibliographic record
displayed.

If you wish to upload a file that want to be displayed on the opac (but not
linked to any bibliographic record) you can try the following workaround:

1) create a folder under /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs and upload your file
to that folder.

2) reference that file from your custom page (see
http://manual.koha-community.org/16.05/en/kohacms.html) or from your News
section when you post a new update.

Hope this helps.

Regards,