[Koha] Local Cover Images makes Koha very slow

Abdulsalam Yousef ayousef at kwareict.com
Mon Jan 25 07:41:54 NZDT 2016

Hello all,
We have noticed that by activating Local Cover Images from system
preferences affects speed of Koha searching negatively, for example in OPAC
interface when searching for a word we discovered (using linux top command)
that it loads the page ( opac-image.pl ) many times, May be one for every
record in the page, So Koha site become very slow, After deactivating Local
Cover Images from (OPACLocalCoverImages) from system preferences Koha site
became more faster about twice, I think storing Local Cover Images as a
.bin stream in database will be more faster in loading.

Is anyone else noticed this problem???

Thanks.