[Koha] Import Question

Shell, Lezlie Lezlie.Shell at contractor.cengage.com
Fri Jan 15 12:31:04 NZDT 2016

I have a question about batchImportMARCWithBiblionumbers.pl

I found a reference to this in a 2010 email.  The scenario described, a library needing to retain their current control numbers as biblionumbers to continue connecting to outside databases, is the same thing we need to do.  Unfortunately, I didn't see an answer to the question.

The description of the script, "small script to import an iso2709 file into Koha with existing biblionumbers in marc record" made me wonder if I was importing a marc file into a clean database, if I had our current control number in the 001, if this script would use this value as the biblionumber.

I know there are a lot of "ifs", but am I on the right track?

Thanks,
Lezlie
Questia