[Koha] Question about Item Type listings in Facets of search results

Jesse Lambertson jlambertson at sqcc.org
Fri Jan 8 08:51:09 NZDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing some slightly odd behaviour regarding search results.

I am getting a list of results with two IDENTICAL listings in the facets
under item-type.

Say, for instance, I am searching in Arabic for the term شعر (which is
"poetry", or poems).
I get back a number of results and on the left is a list of item-types.

All my resources in poetry in Arabic are books.

So, I get two different facet break downs for a search result of 61.

1. BOOK (60 results)
&
2. BOOK (1 result)

All have the correct item type coded at the bib-level in 942 as BOOK and
all the items have the correct authorized vale for item type at the
item-level as BOOK.

What might be causing this strange split and two different item-type-facets
which should be identical?

At first, I thought it might have something to do with the fact that that
one had a genre/form heading in the record but those around it in the
search did not. But, no, plenty others in the result list have genre/form
headings added too.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thank you,

Jesse

--
Jesse A Lambertson
Librarian

jlambertson at sqcc.org
عالم الانجازات ينحاز دوماً مع المتفائلين