[Koha] Hello & first question

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Wed Jan 6 19:34:59 NZDT 2016

Welcome to the Koha community, Margaret.

You won't want to 'move' your journals from the catalogue - they'll need
to be there for searching and reference.  The serials module refers to
records already in the catalogue and is used to keep track of
serials-related actions (like receiving the current issue, or
maintaining a routing list).  The manual has a chapter on this:
http://translate.koha-community.org/manual/3.20/en/html-desktop/#serials
and an implementation guide:
http://translate.koha-community.org/manual/3.20/en/html-desktop/#impserials

I hope this is helpful.