[Koha] Multi Site Library, circulation user can't search patron outside their location

Murphy, Daniel J murphy.daniel.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Feb 17 18:28:42 NZDT 2016

Hi all,
I work at a school that has 2 physical sites but we use one Koha Instance\database to house the collection (we have subnet IPs setup for each site to pick up the default library).
We often need a user with basic circulation permissions to circulate books to students, however I am finding that unless the user is a superlibrarian they can only view patrons from the subnet of the library they are in (unless they know the correct UserID of the patron).

Site 1: Campus 1
IP: 10.166.x.x

Site 2: Campus 2
IP: 10.132.x.x

So if the circulation user is on Site 2 they can only view patrons from site 2, and under filters they only have the option of filtering the library but site 2. This is a bit of an issue as we often have staff and students move between campuses.

I have searched through the lists as best I can however I can't seem to come up with a solution, any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Dan