[Koha] Koha and OAI-PMH

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Thu Feb 4 06:40:21 NZDT 2016

Hi--

Elaine wrote:
> We use 856$u for a couple serials which are electronic only (we link to
> their sites, not to our local copies of them). We also link to digital
> versions of some of our 19th century books that are available in
archive.org

We do the same.  We thought of investigating the option in upcoming
versions to upload a .pdf of our digitized texts to Koha (we're currently
on v.3.18, but I can not wait for 3.22!), but are now thinking that we will
continue to upload our digitized books to archive.org since they offer
automatic conversion to so many different formats, including kindle, and
also a really nice interface for online reading.

Also, Elaine, I use y'all's Full English site often for cataloging sea
chanteys--the materials made available are so helpful!

Cheerio!
h2
Heather Hernandez
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov
http://www.nps.gov/safr/learn/historyculture/museum-collections.htm

"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg