[Koha] Marcedit on Linux

Christopher Davis cgdavis at uintah.utah.gov
Tue Feb 2 06:38:17 NZDT 2016

Monisa,

I use Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and run MarcEdit via Mono (open source version
of Microsoft's .NET framework). Download the Linux version of MarcEdit
at: <http://marcedit.reeset.net/software/marcedit.bin.zip>, and then
follow the directions found at
<http://marcedit.reeset.net/marcedit-linux-installation-instructions>.
Basically, you open a terminal shell, navigate to the folder where you
unzipped the MarcEdit file, and then type "mono MarcEdit.exe" and it
runs (don't close the terminal until you are finished using MarcEdit).
Please let me know if you need any other tips on this.

HTH,

Christopher Davis, MLS
Systems & E-Services Librarian
Uintah County Library