[Koha] Koha Maps

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Thu Dec 22 06:31:12 NZDT 2016

At 10:14 AM 12/21/2016 -0500, Owen Leonard wrote:
> > As noted, the data within Library Technology Guides is not
> > offered via an open data license, but I do provide extensive
> > data services to anyone interested without cost.
>
>I can imagine some reasons why one would not want to explicitly offer
>data under an open license:
>- Fear that access to the data will become a financial burden
>(hosting/data limits).
>- Unwillingness to develop a method of access to the data.
>- Unwillingness to make a commitment to maintaining the data and/or
>API in the future.
>- Desire to reserve the right to monetize access to the data in the future.
>Some of those concerns can be mitigated by cooperation.

Owen -- you're "on target", I might go one step further and say that "all"
of those concerns, not just "some", can be cooperatively mitigated.
Marshall Breeding has done, and continues to do, a remarkable job and is
very obviously reaching out to the Koha community. Let's not "look a gift
horse in the mouth."

Best -- Paul