[Koha] Question about running PLACK

Mirko Tietgen mirko at abunchofthings.net
Wed Dec 14 06:19:44 NZDT 2016

Hi,

Martin House schrieb am 13.12.2016
> Is there anything I should be aware of, before moving my production server
> from zebra to plack?

That question does not work. Plack does not index your data as Zebra
does. You can't do what you describe here.

In other words, have any of you run in to issues that
> may not be noted in the official instructions? My follow up question is, do
> I need to remove zebra after plack install, or do I just leave it sitting
> there?

You cannot remove Zebra or Koha will break. You cannot exchange
Plack for Zebra, because Plack does not do what Zebra does.

> I've looked at a few sites, and can't find concrete answers to these
> questions.

Try asking the right questions. Are you really talking about Plack?
Are you maybe thinking about Elasticsearch instead?

> PS. I'm sick of having to run zebra-reindex every day, manually, so I
> figure it's time to investigate plack.

Why would you manually run Zebra? Use the indexer daemon or at least
a cron job.

HTH,

Mirko