[Koha] Acquisitions module internal server error

schnydszch eugenegf at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 18:24:26 NZDT 2016

I'm trying out the Acquisitions module in 16.11 in two instances. One with
many test acquisitions done in the past (First instance) while the other
instance almost clean slate acquisitions (Second instance). I get internal
server error in the first instance whenever saving an order for a basket
with the following Acqui System Preferences: AcqCreateItem is set to
'placing an order' and UniqueItemFields is set to either blank or 'barcode'.
Clicking the 'Back' button will let me go back to the last interface I was
in and clicking 'Save' again will let me save the order and once in the
'Basket' interface, I get to see two orders of previously processed orders
(same order but different No.), see image below.
<http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/file/n5913371/acqui_internal_server_error.png>
I get this error when barcode is not filled up in the items during order
creation. However, in the second instance, this work perfectly fine. With
same system preference, the order is saved even though a barcode was not
entered. I'm trying to find the error log for this but could not find it in
the intranet-error-log. By the way, plack is enabled for the first instance,
while the second instance it isn't. Further looking at the plack-error log,
it seems it really is related with the barcode:
No existing hbyymmincr barcodes found.  Reverting to initial value. at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Barcodes/hbyymmincr.pm line 62.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate entry 'INSTI-16120002' for key
'itembarcodeidx' [for Statement "INSERT INTO items SET...
Now, my question is, with all that I've written above, I guess it really is
the case in the order creation in Acquisitions module that if Acqcreateitem
is set to 'placing an order', a barcode should be filled up before saving? I
just got two different results in different instances in same server. But my
deduction tells me it's in the Plack. Should there be a notification error
for this? To prevent bad data in the future. That's all, Cheers and have a
nice day y'all!