[Koha] Don't allow check in unless dues are cleared.

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu Aug 18 11:12:46 NZST 2016

Hi Dalton

> We have migrated to koha a month ago and are very happy ever since.
>
> We have a policy that if a book has some fine, the patron must pay it at
> the time of returning the book. Unless he clears the due, he should not be
> allowed to return the book. How do I enforce this in koha?

Maybe the following will suit your needs. There is the Koha system
preference "FineNotifyAtCheckin" - setting it to "Notify" all books that
have overdue fines owed on them will pop up a warning when checking them
in. This warning will need to be acknowledged before you can continue
checking items in. With this preference set to "Don't notify", you will
still see fines owed on the patron record, you just won't have an
additional notification at check in.

See
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.22/en/administration.html#FineNotifyAtCheckin

Hope this helps.