[Koha] Help integrating RFID readers

Dalton Fury daltonfury42 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 16:44:35 NZST 2016

Hi,

I just need a little advice. We have bought some non-SIP2 compatible RFID
readers.

What I was thinking of doing was to bind a python script to a keyboard
shortcut. So when the patron card and a set of books are kept on the
reader, our staff at the issue counter will invoke this script that runs in
the background.

Upon invokation, the script will get the patronid and barcodes of the
books. Now just like a typical USB barcode scanner, it will inject
keystrokes into the system.

Everything is working great except the synchronization between the koha
webpage and the keystrokes.

One of the main obstacles I see is that koha allows me to checkout only one
book at a time. Is these a way to check out multiple books in one go?

Any other suggestions on improving the system is also welcome.

Regards,
Navaneeth Kishore